[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com profiles: advice requested

Serguey Zefirov sergueyz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 06:16:57 EDT 2010

2010/10/6 Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>:
>>> * How granular should we get? For web programming, for instance,
>>> should we ask about Yesod, Happstack, Snap, etc?
>>
>> I think that "skill cloud" would be nice so I can add my new skills
>> (packages, programs, domain specific knowledge) as I acquire them (or
>> write them).
>
> Could you describe what you mean by "skill cloud" here? I was more
> focused right now on the skills available for selection versus the
> manner of displaying them.

Just let us haskellers to specify list of skills in comma-separated list.

If someone enters a new skill, it should became visible only when some
member of community provide links to information about them.

That way I can say "C, VHDL, hardware modeling, dynamic dataflow
sorting machine" and it would meand that I am proficient in C, VHDL,
that I specialize in hardware modeling and that I wrote a model of
dynamic dataflow CPU.

>> If we provide some links associated with tags, it would be possible to
>> classify skills according to their relevance to haskell community.
>
> Once again, I'm not quite sure what you mean here; could you clarify?

Each tag will have associated links. Some from community, some from
haskeller itself.

That way someone can review tags and decide whether they relevant for
Haskell community. For example, my dataflow sorting machine was
implemented in Haskell, so it is relevant. My C, VHDL and hardware
modeling skills aren't that relevant.

That way it is up to community to decide the list of skills. It is up
to selected members of community to decide their relevance.