[Haskell-cafe] [Off-topic]Functional parsing theory

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:43:34 EDT 2010

Hi, all,

I've been working in a tool that reads a grammar with associated
actions and act on input based on that grammar. I would like to
rewrite it in a functional style, but I've not been able to find a
theory that would handle any possible grammar with cyclicity and
empty productions, and flexibility is more important for this tool
than performance.

Do you have a suggestion on that? What I'm using now is this
(non-functional) article on Earley method:

   http://www.springerlink.com/content/602270808666074p

Thanks,

Maurício