[Haskell-cafe] Packaging a Gtk2hs based program for Windows

Dmitry V'yal akamaus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 04:39:51 EDT 2010

Hello, haskellers.

Recently I stumbled upon a problem. It may sound quite off-topic for
this list, but, I'm sure, almost every haskell programmer runs into it
sooner or later.

It sounds: How to make a neat Windows installer for a nice Gtk2hs
program I wrote last week? How to solve the problem of dependency on
GTK? Should I ask my users to install a GTK package or it would be
better to package all the dynamic libraries needed along with my
program? Are there any troubles with different character encodings used
in Windows? How to change the application icon? And so on..

I understand, there is no ultimate answer, but I hope there is some
wisdom to share. I've been a Linux user for more then five years and now
I've found myself completely illiterate on how to make my code easily
accessible for a nontechnical Windows user.

I would appreciate any thoughts and advises

Best wishes,
Dmitry