[Haskell-cafe] Packaging a Gtk2hs based program for Windows

Serguey Zefirov sergueyz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 05:04:53 EDT 2010

2010/10/7 Dmitry V'yal <akamaus at gmail.com>:
> It sounds: How to make a neat Windows installer for a nice Gtk2hs program I
> wrote last week? How to solve the problem of dependency on GTK? Should I ask
> my users to install a GTK package or it would be better to package all the
> dynamic libraries needed along with my program? Are there any troubles with
> different character encodings used in Windows? How to change the application
> icon? And so on..

It is better to copy GTK libraries with your application. If you ask
user to install GTK libraries they can install incompatible version
(and certainly will). ;)

We didn't encountered difficulties with different character encodings.

You have to look on gcc documentation (ld part of it) where you can
specify resource file with application icon. Don't forget -mwindows
key for ld.