[Haskell-cafe] I'm still having challenges to get a Haskell GUI to work under Windows 7

Andrew Butterfield Andrew.Butterfield at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Oct 8 04:07:07 EDT 2010

On 07/10/2010 19:58, caseyh at istar.ca wrote:
> I'm still having challenges to get a Haskell GUI to work under Windows
> 7; even after various instructions on the web.
>
> e.g. Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0, wxWidgets-2.9.1, wxHaskell 0.12.1.6

I have seen wxHaskell work on WIndows 7, using the same configuration
that works for me on Win XP and Vista (small test program)

namely GHC 6.10.4   wxHaskell 0.11.1.2 - uses wxWidgets-2.8.something

Installed from binaries.

To distribute a useable binary you send around a .exe plus the wxhaskell
dll.

See http://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/Saoithin/#bin

I hope to try this program out on Win 7 later today - I'll let you know
how I got on...

So unless you really need all the extra goodies of platform 2010,
the current fix is to work back to ghc 6.10.4

> Similar challenges with GTK+ and gtk2hs.

Andrew Butterfield Tel: +353-1-896-2517 Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Foundations and Methods Research Group Director. School of
Computer Science and Statistics, Room F.13, O'Reilly Institute,
Trinity College, University of Dublin, Rep. of Ireland.

       https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/