[Haskell-cafe] Strict Core?

Atze Dijkstra atze at cs.uu.nl
Sat Oct 16 13:21:37 EDT 2010

Hi,

UHC indeed has an experimental typed core, which includes strict core (and is also based on GHC's core, and Henk). However, for UHC it is also quite a bit of engineering to make it produce typed/strict core for all language features, especially since it has to come from untyped core generation. So, there is currently a translation for a small set of language features, enough to do some experimenting, done by Tom Lokhorst. The current state is maintained and kept alive to allow further development in the future, e.g. both core structures internally have been put behind a class interface as to allow sharing of much of the generation infrastructure, but this all is still in transit and unfinished.

cheers,