[Haskell-cafe] Template Haskell: onward and upward

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Mon Oct 18 18:20:19 EDT 2010

  Since you are proposing creating an abstract type TExp that can't be
created manually in contrast to Exp, I have a question that might simply
be a reflection of ignorance on my part on how TH works now.

As far as I can tell by looking through the documentation, when I want
to create an identifier with a computed name I have to build up the AST
manually rather than by using quoters since there is no way to splice an
identifier name into a quoter.  Does this mean that it will not be
possible to construct a TExp with a computed identifier name, since one
can only use the quoter syntax and not manual construction?

Thanks,
Greg