[Haskell-cafe] HaskellDB/ODBC/MySQL issue

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:34:09 EDT 2010

On 19 October 2010 18:51, Neil Davies <semanticphilosopher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can't seem to get the combination of HaskellDB/ODBC/MySQL to even get off the ground, example:
>
> import OmlqDBConnectData (connect'options)
> import Database.HaskellDB
> import Database.HaskellDB.HDBC.ODBC (odbcConnect)
> import Database.HaskellDB.Sql.MySQL (generator)
>
> main = odbcConnect generator connect'options
>      $ \db -> tables db >>= print
>
> gives me
>
> Prelude.(!!): index too large

I ran a search for '!!' in HaskellDB and came up with nothing related.
Maybe you could search the ODBC or MySQL libraries for this. There
shouldn't be many instances of it (in fact in my opinion people
shouldn't use this non-total function at all). I've found the
HaskellDB libraries to be pretty easy to grok. Even if the bugs are
not. I'm using it with PostgreSQL.