[Haskell-cafe] data.time.zoneinfo

Anatoly Yakovenko aeyakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 01:40:33 EDT 2010

I am trying to figure out how to use this library, seems like this should work

Prelude Data.Time.ZoneInfo> ctx <- newContext Nothing
Prelude Data.Time.ZoneInfo> name <- zoneInfoName (utcOlsonZone ctx) True
Prelude Data.Time.ZoneInfo> newOlsonZone ctx name
*** Exception: Data.Time.ZoneInfo.newOlsonZone: invalid argument
(Invalid argument)

but it doesn't, neither does

Prelude Data.Time.ZoneInfo> newOlsonZone ctx "America/New_York"
*** Exception: Data.Time.ZoneInfo.newOlsonZone: invalid argument
(Invalid argument)

and my zoneinfo seems to be kosher on my machine

$ ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York

$ ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT
/usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT

what am i missing?