[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers design

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Oct 21 13:54:48 EDT 2010

I've gotten two offers for designs for Haskellers. The one uses the
Haskell color theme choices we seem to be standardizing on as a
community, the other uses a more custom theme. There is a screenshot
of the former[1] and a demo page for the latter[2]. So the questions
are:

* How important is adhering to a "standard" look?
* Which theme is overall more visually appealing?
* Which theme gives a more professional feel?

Please note that questions 1 and 2 may have different answers. Keep in
mind when evaluating these themes, especially the first, that it is
*not* in finalized form, just an basic idea of what could be. A third
option that I have not pursued yet due to time constraints would be to
leave the layout as-is currently but replace it with the Haskell color
scheme. Yet another option would be to take the second theme mentioned
above and try to force the Haskell color theme on it; I don't find
that a good idea. Options 5 and 6 are leaving the site as it is (both
layout and design), or proposing a totally different layout.

Michael

[1] http://imgur.com/lnkE7.png
[2] http://previasports.com/haskellers_website/