[Haskell-cafe] Pretty-printer for Text

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 22:50:06 EDT 2010

I'm currently working on a pretty-printer for lazy text [1] values,
basing the API on the wl-pprint [2] package.

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/text
[2]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/wl-pprint

In terms of API decisions, there are a few things I'm not sure of and
am wondering what other people would prefer:

* Should the SimpleDoc type still be exported?  Or should the
rendering functions just return a Builder or lazy Text value?

* Is the Pretty class wanted/needed?  If so, should the individual
combinators (int, bool, etc.) be kept or just use "pretty" for
everything?

* Should String values be catered for or just have everything be Text-based?

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com