[Haskell-cafe] Help me TH code.

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 02:50:54 EDT 2010

Serguey Zefirov <sergueyz at gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/10/27 Andy Stewart <lazycat.manatee at gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want use TH write some function like below:
>>
>>  data DataType = StringT
>>                | IntT
>>                | CharT
>>
>>  parse :: [(String,DataType)] -> (TypeA, TypeB, ... TypeN)
>>
>> Example:
>>
>>  parse [("string", StringT), ("001", IntT), ("c", CharT)]
>>
>> will return:
>>
>>  ("string", 001, 'c')
>>
>> So how to use TH write 'parse' function?
>
> I think that you should use TH properly, without compiler and logical errors.
>
> What actually do you want?
I'm build multi-processes communication program.

Example i have two processes : Client and Server.

At Client side, i pass [DataType] to Server, example:

  [StringT, IntT, CharT]

Server will handle "user input" with [DataType]
and return result [String] to Client side, example:

  ["string", "001", "c"]

Then at Client side, i need parse [String] to get real value:

  ("string", 001, 'c')

Because, [DataType] have many different case, so i want pass [String]
between processes, and use TH parse result [String] at Client side.

Thanks,

  -- Andy