[Haskell-cafe] Where has GDK.GC gone?

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 27 17:25:52 EDT 2010

Today I noticed a small but interesting fact:

Under Gtk2hs 0.10.x, the module Graphics.UI.Gtk re-exports (amoung
countless others) the module Graphics.UI.Gtk.Gdk.GC. However, under
Gtk2hs 0.11.x, it does not. After downloading the darcs repo (with took
forever, by the way), I discovered that the requisit line still exists
in the source code, but it has been commented out. My repeated attempts
to force Darcs to tell me exactly which patch did this resulted only in
Darcs locking up again and again. (I'm quite surprised at that. Usually
all Darcs operations are instantaneous. I guess the local repo is
corrupt somehow or something...)

So anyway, what I'd like to know is... was this alteration intensional?
Or was it just an oversight?

PS. The link on the website that says "browse the darcs repo online"?
Apache just returns 404 at me. This is not particularly helpful.