[Haskell-cafe] New repo location for the network package

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Oct 28 11:06:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 15:58, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> If I, as the developer of the FOO Haskell package, want to move to use
>> github, can I get a source repo under that organisation as well?
>> I'm asking since I am considering taking some of my packages from
>> patch-tag to github (it's really github I want, it's unfortunate that
>> it also means I'll have to leave darcs), it would then be nice to have
>> those repos as a part of the haskell organisation.
>
> The GitHub organization was intended for core packages (i.e. packages
> in the Haskell Platform.) By having a shared organization, these
> libraries don't have to live under any single developer's account and
> we can change maintainers without changing the repo location.

Fair enough.  Do you have enough buy-in to make sure that the github
organisation becomes the best location for *all* HP packages?

That is, can I stop going to Hackage to find the home for HP packages?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org