[Haskell-cafe] New repo location for the network package

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Oct 28 18:25:24 EDT 2010

On 28/10/10 17:14, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>wrote:
>
>> Fair enough.  Do you have enough buy-in to make sure that the github
>> organisation becomes the best location for *all* HP packages?
>>
>> That is, can I stop going to Hackage to find the home for HP packages?
>
> That's never been our intention. github is for in-progress source trees;
> Hackage is for releases of code.

You misunderstood me.  Currently I go to Hackage to look for stuff like:

  Source repository	git clone git://github.com/haskell/network.git

If all of HP were on github, then I wouldn't have to click my way through
Hackage when I wanted to get to the source repos.

/M

magnus@therning.org           Jabber: magnus@therning.org