[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com idea: strike forces

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 05:30:06 EDT 2010

On 29 October 2010 20:19, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
> Mental note: must remember to use word "nebulous" more often, I like it.

As do I ;-)

> Anyway, integration with existing services would be very good, but I
> doubt it will be possible. I don't think there's a way to
> automatically create a mailing list, trac project, and so on and so
> forth, and I'm not certain it would make sense to make such a feature
> possible. I suppose something like this would be a possible goal to
> look towards if we ever start working more seriously on single-signon
> and the like, but for now, I think we're stuck reinventing the wheel.

At the very least, there could be a link to a pre-existing mailing
list and trac instance.

For those projects/strikeforces/SIGs that don't have existing bug
trackers, which would you think of using?  Are you suddenly going to
write a new one in Haskell? :p

> Your SIG idea sounds possible, let's play it out. I'll go with web
> development, since I'm personally involved there. I suppose the idea
> would be I could create such an interest group, and hopefully
> developers on other frameworks (Happstack and Snap for instance) could
> join the team. Users may come and start requesting features, and
> everyone interested in solving the problem could participate in the
> discussion. Seems like it would fit right in with the strike force
> proposal, just under a different name. I have no objection to trying
> to name this something more generic such as SIG.

Yeah, to me "strike force" sounds like a more temporary thing designed
to get something done, and then dissolve once that library is written.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com