[Haskell-cafe] Edit Hackage

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 18:13:53 EDT 2010

On 30 October 2010 05:51, C. McCann <cam at uptoisomorphism.net> wrote:
> Speaking of not wanting more places to keep track of, that's precisely
> why I rarely bother with blog comments and would find discussions on
> reddit preferable: it's a single place to go, and keeps things more
> unified and consistent than whatever comment system some random blog
> has (most of which are more awkward to use than reddit, as well). Of
> course, having separate discussions going on in each is probably the
> worst of both worlds.

So you'd prefer to have the discussion about a blog post be made
distinct from the blog post itself?  Why not keep them together, also
so that people finding the blog post from someplace other than reddit
(e.g. planet.haskell.org) can find them?

> Overall, I expect Don has a better feel than anyone else for where the
> Haskell community as a whole goes; if he says the balance is shifting
> away from -cafe I'd take that first as a statement of fact, not
> advocacy. I'd also venture to guess that, from the standpoint of a
> newcomer, reddit, Stack Overflow, and the like are the most visible
> parts of the Haskell community by a good margin, which means that as
> the community continues to grow any bias in favor of such places will
> likely do the same. So it goes...

Neither the Haskell reddit nor Stack Overflow are linked to from
haskell.org and there is nothing to indicate that they are "official".
 Also, wasn't it Don that started (and is mainly responsible) for
linking to Haskell articles on reddit?

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com