[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: text 0.8.0.0, fast Unicode text support

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 01:14:23 EDT 2010

Is there a summary of the API changes available? I see a new module,
but Precis is choking on Data.Text and Data.Text.Lazy, so I'm not sure
what existing signatures have been modified.

> Don't forget, you can always improve the text library yourself. I love to receive
> patches, requests for improvement, and bug reports.

Are there any areas in particular you'd like help with, for either
library? I'm happy to assist any effort which will help reduce use of
String.

[aside] does anybody know how to get a list of what packages
somebody's uploaded to Hackage? I think I've updated all mine for the
new "text" version dependency, but I'm worried I forgot some.