[Haskell-cafe] Missing documentation in Haskell Platform on Windows

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Sep 2 13:34:07 EDT 2010

andrewcoppin:
> Arnaud Bailly wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I installed (succesfully) HAskell Platform 2010.2 on windows and have
>> a small but annoying issue: Some links in HTML documentation lead to
>> broken links. I did not investigate all the links, but I have seen
>> that all doc under Control.Monad.XXX is missing. What am I doing wrong
>> ?
>
> Almost every release of GHC that I can remember has had the links for
> the "mtl" package broken. (The Control.Monad.XXX modules are mostly from
> mtl. But, for example, Control.Monad.Fix is from base. I bet you'll find
> it works just fine.)

Well spotted, Andrew!

The way to get things like this fixed is to report a bug to the relevant
project. Click on the 'bug report' button:

    http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/

You installed the Haskell Platform on Windows, so please mention this in
the bug ticket. The problem will likely be in the Windows installer
script, and what docs were bundled with that specific installer.

Be as detailed in the report as you can, to make sure we can reproduce
what trouble you have.

In the meantime, you can always read the 'mtl' documentation on its
package page:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/mtl

-- Don