[Haskell-cafe] base-3 -> base-4

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:22:31 EDT 2010

On 3 September 2010 23:07, Johannes Waldmann
<waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Is there a "conversion guide" for switching from base-3 to base-4?
>
> I noticed that ghc-HEAD (6.13) comes with base-4.3 (and no base-3).
> This will break an awful lot of packages (?), in fact the breakage
> starts with cabal-install (since it depends on HTTP which depends on base-3).

>From memory, the only thing that changed of significance was the
exception handling: Control.Exception now uses extensible exceptions
(also available for base-3 in the extensible-exceptions package).  For
the very lazy Control.OldException may still be available with 6.14 to
keep using the old-style exceptions.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com