[Haskell-cafe] help me evangelize haskell.

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 5 15:47:34 EDT 2010

Michael Litchard wrote:
> I'll be starting a new job soon as systems tool guy. The shop is a
> perl shop as far as internal automation tasks go. But I am fortunate
> to not be working with bigots. If they see a better way, they'll take
> to it. So please give me your best arguments in favor of using haskell
> for task automation instead of perl, or awk or any of those scripting
> lanugages

Rather than "how can I convince them to use Haskell for everything?",
how about just convincing them to use it on a case-by-case basis. It's
plausible there are scenarios where Haskell is *not* the best thing to
use. And if you just tirelessly "evangelize" Haskell, them one has to
wonder who's the bigot. ;-)

(That said, I really hate Perl...)