[Haskell-cafe] generating foreign Code (Java, C++, PHP)?

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Tue Sep 7 08:09:55 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I noticed that there are some libs / packages like atom and HJscript
which allow you to write a program in a haskell EDSL and that then
actually generates valid source code in another language. In the above
example that would be JavaScript and C.

I sure would love to be able to write PHP for instance like that but I
cannot even fathom how a EDSL would have to be designed for it.

Could someone here point me to literature on the topic?

Günther