[Haskell-cafe] Haskell, arrows and signal processing

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Sep 9 13:20:21 EDT 2010

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto schrieb:

> The input and output are  infinite streams. I have a few questions:
>
> 1) Is it possible to change it to use arrows? How would it look like?
> 2) How would one implement an continuous time version?
>
> For 2) I would like to implement something like that digital integrator,
> so I could create filters based on integrator loops like this one:
>
> x(t) ----(+)----> Integrator --|---> y(t)
>           ^                    |
>           |--------------------|
>

> Note that x(t) would be a function, and I would expect to create a
> function y, based on this flow!

If you look for Arrows, Signal processing _and_ real-time efficiency,
then you might be interested in my experiments with LLVM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNiAqBTVa6U

http://arxiv.org/abs/1004.4796

http://code.haskell.org/synthesizer/llvm/
(you need some more repositories like
http://code.haskell.org/~thielema/llvm-2.6/,
http://code.haskell.org/synthesizer/alsa/ ...
no fun of installation currently because I could not achieve to get some
patches to llvm to hackage.)