[Haskell-cafe] CAL experience

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Thu Sep 9 15:31:07 EDT 2010

Hello,

as this is really friendly forum, I'd like to ask to perhaps solve my
wonder. From time to time I'm seeing people here recommending Scala as a
kind of replacement for non-existent Haskell on Java/JVM platform. My
wonder is: why the people here do not recommend CAL, which at least to
me, looks much more closer to Haskell than Scala is. Are there any bad
experiences with this language and OpenQuark platform? I'm asking since
I'm currently playing with it and plan to use it for java objects data
processing.

Thanks,
Karel