[Haskell-cafe] Disable LINE Pragma handling in GHC

JP Moresmau jpmoresmau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 02:40:22 EDT 2010

Hello fellow Haskellers,

In EclipseFP we use the GHC API for IDE related stuff like syntax
highlighting and code outlines. However, I ran into something funny
yesterday: when a source file contains LINE pragmas (
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.2/html/users_guide/pragmas.html#line-pragma),
all the locations for tokens are changed to reflect the pragmas information.
While this is great in the "normal' GHC usage, this is not so great for us,
because we're interested in that source code, not in original code. I
haven't seen any flag to turn that behavior off in the docs, nor in the
Lexer code, but have I missed something? Can I tell GHC to just ignore these
pragmas? I suppose even using GHC for building and something else
(haskell-src-exts?) for code handling would leave us with compilation
messages at the wrong place.

Thanks,

--
JP Moresmau