[Haskell-cafe] Style and a problem

Wanas elhassan.wanas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 05:24:39 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Nils Schweinsberg <ml at n-sch.de> wrote:

> Something like this?
>
>    import Data.List
>
>    newList :: Int -> [[Int]]
>    newList n = myNub
>        [ l | l <- undefined -- not really sure how you want
>                             -- to generate these lists :)
>            , sum l == sum [1..n]
>            ]
>
>    myNub :: (Ord a) => [[a]] -> [[a]]
>    myNub = nubBy (\a b -> sort a == sort b)
>

> - Nils

So I've checked out this code, and it doesn't compile on ghci. My version,
without the "undefined" portion is(which still doesn't work):

import Data.List

newList :: Int -> [[Int]]
newList n = myNub [ l | l <- [1..n], sum l == sum [1..n] ]

myNub :: (Ord a) => [[a]] -> [[a]]
myNub = nubBy (\a b -> sort a == sort b)

Maybe there's something in the syntax that I'm not quite getting...

\/\/