[Haskell-cafe] Google AI Challenge: Planet Wars - Accepting Haskell Submissions

Jake McArthur jake.mcarthur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 19:11:00 EDT 2010

Just wanted to let everybody know that there is an AI contest [1] that
started today. Everybody has about two months to create bots that
compete against each other 1-on-1 in a game based on Galcon [2].

A couple issues to mention for full disclosure: There is some
sponsorship by Google, but unfortunately they aren't running the
hardware, so the site is getting pretty hammered right now. We (it's all
open source and open for contributions) are working to get it optimized
to better handle the load. Also, the version of GHC on the server is
very old (6.8.2) and isn't likely to get updated. I'm working to allow
binary submissions though. If that goes through, you guys will be able
to submit 64-bit Linux binaries rather than Haskell code to be compiled
on the server.

Just letting everybody know so the Haskell community can represent!

- Jake

[1] http://ai-contest.com
[2] http://galcon.com