[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: GotoT-transformers version 1.0

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 12:59:20 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Gregory Crosswhite
<gcross at phys.washington.edu> wrote:

> That's true, it just seems to me like at that point the spirit of the
> continuation monad is being violated since the final continuation is never
> actually called.  That isn't necessarily a big deal, but it is the kind of
> behavior that could bite someone if they weren't aware or forgot about it.

I guess you could newtype ConT to make GotoT, and then provide your
own runner with `return` as the continuation, and then that detail
doesn't escape.

Or provide the `goto` combinator in the same module as a ContT runner
which auto-passes a vacuous final continuation.

Antoine