[Haskell-cafe] Re: Differences with Hayoo and Hoogle: Searching For Monoids

Paolo G. Giarrusso p.giarrusso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:00:05 EDT 2010

On Sep 13, 6:27 pm, aditya siram <aditya.si... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was trying to read the documentation on monoids and the Sum type.
> When I searched Hayoo for "Monoid" or "Data.Monoid", the Data.Monoid
> module in "base" did not show up - Hoogle found it without a problem.
> The same goes for the "Sum" type, Hayoo does not seem to find it but
> Hoogle does.
I also observed regularly that Hayoo is somewhat cooler, but misses
base - I thought it was simply restricted to hackage, but base is on
hackage, surprisingly. Can anybody find "map" from the Prelude? I also
tried "map package:base" or "map module:Prelude". And map is the
example on the Hayoo homepage.

Paolo
--
http://www.informatik.uni-marburg.de/~pgiarrusso