[Haskell-cafe] Curious why "cabal upgrade parsec" not installing latest version

Peter Schmitz ps.haskell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:25:05 EDT 2010

Ivan,
Duncan,

Thank you both very much for your kind help and comments.
I'm really impressed with the quality of help at Haskell Cafe,
and Cabal really has worked great for me; I'll just avoid "upgrade"
in the future.

Anyone:

So, to get a clean start with my library situation I will delete my
"...\Application Data\ghc" dir which includes dir
"...\Application Data\ghc\i386-mingw32-6.12.1\package.conf.d\"
which contains a lot of .conf files.

I am also wondering about whether I should delete any dirs in my
cabal tree.

I would keep my cabal config file, and "...\cabal\bin\" of course,
but should I delete the various package dirs there also?

And should I delete the "...\cabal\packages\hackage.haskell.org\"
tree? Those seem to be tarballs.

Thanks again,
-- Peter