[Haskell-cafe] Uniting graphics libraries

Tillmann Vogt Tillmann.Vogt at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Sep 18 10:52:21 EDT 2010

  Am 18.09.2010 16:16, schrieb Vo Minh Thu:

> Ok. I'll learn more about Collada then. Is your code already available
> somewhere?

I will upload it in a few days on hackage. It is not finished yet.

> Still, Collada seems to be on a far end of the spectrum of what could
> be unified. I mean, say your animation has to be rendered by some
> Haskell code, do you wish to go through Collada or that your animation
> code and the rendering code share some other data structures than
> Collada (Or maybe Collada is just a first step?) ? If the later, it
> would be useful to share what those other data structures should be.

Animations in Collada are streams of interpolated floats that are
interpreted
as time or output (i.e. angle of a rotation). The output is then
channeled to the tags of the nodes.
One can do quite a lot with this. At the moment I can't image what else
one could do.