[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: text 0.9.0.0 and text-icu 0.4.0.0
bos at serpentine.com
Mon Sep 20 00:17:33 EDT 2010
I've issued new releases of the text and text-icu packages, the fast,
comprehensive Unicode text manipulation libraries.
Features of text:
- Compact array-based data representation.
- Library code based on stream fusion automatically reduces copying in
your application, compared to a more naive library.
- The lazy text type supports streaming of data much larger than RAM.
Features of text-icu:
- Locale sensitive case mapping.
- [NEW] Language sensitive text boundary analysis.
- Text normalization. (What is normalization?
- [NEW] Access to the Unicode Character Database.
- Locale sensitive string collation.
- Conversion to and from a huge number of native encodings.
- Efficient comparison of ByteString and Text.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe