[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell at bettercodes.org

David Sankel camior at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:15:55 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Ertugrul Soeylemez <es at ertes.de> wrote:

> Malcolm Wallace <malcolm.wallace at me.com> wrote:
>
> > > we are an open source project called bettercodes.org and our goal is
> > > to build up the leading developer community and collaboration with a
> > > broad range of useful developer tools and feature, including a free
> > > code hosting with a full project management.
> > >
> > > bettercodes.org should be no binded to any technology, programming
> > > language, philosophy. A true place for all developers from around
> > > the world.
> > >
> > > We are online since nearly five month, but we have a lack of Haskell
> > > enthusiats. We want to invite the Haskell community to join
> > > bettercodes.org and establish a strong presence their. Not instead
> > > of the pure Haskell communty server, but as an extention to force
> > > the exchange with other developers.
> > >
> > > For any question, please contact me...
>
> Hello Sandra, hello Malcolm,
>
> this sounds like an interesting idea, but unfortunately the site won't
> work without JavaScript.  I think, a professional developer site should.

I can understand why it would be slightly better for any website to not
require JavaScript clients since it becomes a bit more accessible. I'm
confused though about why being a "professional developer" site would make
this feature even more important. Care to expand on that?

Thanks,

David

--
David Sankel