[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell at bettercodes.org

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Wed Sep 22 15:57:32 EDT 2010

David Sankel <camior at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Ertugrul Soeylemez <es at ertes.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello Sandra, hello Malcolm,
> >
> > this sounds like an interesting idea, but unfortunately the site
> > won't work without JavaScript.  I think, a professional developer
> > site should.
>
> I can understand why it would be slightly better for any website to
> not require JavaScript clients since it becomes a bit more
> accessible. I'm confused though about why being a "professional
> developer" site would make this feature even more important. Care to
> expand on that?

Even though I'm being made fun of, Gwern is actually right.  When coding
I sometimes find it much quicker to use some text browser or in-editor
browser to look something up.  Developers shouldn't be denied doing
that, because development doesn't need fancy eye candy.  As said,
JavaScript /support/ is fine, but JavaScript /requirement/ isn't.  But
that's just my humble opinion.

Greets,
Ertugrul

http://ertes.de/