[Haskell-cafe] packaging a cgi binary using cabal

Diego Souza dsouza at bitforest.org
Thu Sep 23 10:20:28 EDT 2010

Well, if you want you might use images inline as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme#Advantages

>From my experience, this is supported by all major browser, including IE.

Regards,
~dsouza

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Joachim Breitner
<mail at joachim-breitner.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 23.09.2010, 11:19 +0100 schrieb Pedro Baltazar
> Vasconcelos:
> > On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:44:17 +0200
> > Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > In case of such research programs, where ease of installability is
> > > usually more important than performance, I just include the data files
> > > into the program. For example, in
> > > http://darcs.nomeata.de/sem_syn/
> > > the JQuery library and the file BUtils.hs are turned into Haskell
> > > string literals using http://github.com/jgm/hsb2hs
> > >
> > > This way, the resulting binary is really stand-alone and can be just
> > > moved to the appropriate place on the web server.
> > >

> > OK, thanks for the suggestion. For my needs I think this will be very
> > straightforward to do manually --- the CSS and image files a pretty
> > short anyway.
>
> for CSS, this is what I’m doing as well... but for binary image data?
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim
>
> --
> Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
>  mail: mail at joachim-breitner.de | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Key: 4743206C
>  JID: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de | http://www.joachim-breitner.de/
>  Debian Developer: nomeata at debian.org

~dsouza
yahoo!im: paravinicius
gpg key fingerprint: 71B8 CE21 3A6E F894 5B1B  9ECE F88E 067F E891 651E
gpg pub key: http://bitforest.org/~dsouza/pub/gpg-pubkey.txt
authorized_keys: http://bitforest.org/~dsouza/pub/authorized_keys.txt