[Haskell-cafe] HackageDB: Haddock parse failure

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:55:39 EDT 2010

Den 27 september 2010 18:22 skrev Jonas Almström Duregård
<jonas.duregard at chalmers.se>:
> HackageDB reports a build failure for happy-meta-0.1.1
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/happy-meta-0.1.1), but from the
> log it seems that the failure occurs when building the documentation.
>
> The error is
> src/LALR.lhs:230:2: parse error on input `numberSets'
>
> I'm guessing there is no syntax error in this file (it is taken from
> Happy), but rather an error in Haddock?

I suspect this has something to do with the comment before that line.
I might be wrong but I think Cabal turns the text in literal haskell
files into haddock comments. If that's the case then you have to be
careful to not use haddock comment markup in the wrong way.

David