[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: FreeType 2 Bindings

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:26:57 CEST 2011

Hi Jason

Good luck - I worked on a binding a couple of years ago, but decided
that FreeType is really a framework rather than a library. Thus, I
felt it would be more pragmatic to write a intermediate C library
doing exactly what you need and bind to that rather than bind directly
to FreeType. Naturally, I'm not suggesting that you should agree with
my analysis - but I would flag a caution that FreeType is very
problematic to bind to.

The abandoned code is in Copperbox:

http://code.google.com/p/copperbox/source/checkout

path in the trunk: libs/graphics/FreeType

Best wishes

Stephen