[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Google Summer of Code student application period opens today

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva marcot at marcot.eti.br
Tue Apr 5 15:17:55 CEST 2011

Hi Johan.

Excerpts from Johan Tibell's message of Seg Mar 28 10:58:16 -0300 2011:
(...)
> If you're a student and like to get paid to work on a Haskell project this
> summer I recommend you go find an interesting project [1] and start working
> on your application.

I plan to apply to the Google Summer of Code, to work on the parallelization of
Cabal Install.  As stated in some comments, this project may be too small for
three months, so I included some other things in my proposal.  The first is to
work on making GHC parallel while building different modules.  The second is to
make a tool that I'm creating, hackage-debian, parallel.  I intend to
hackage-debian before the deadline for project submissions.  It's a tool to
create a debian repository with as much as possible hackage libraries.

I've writed a draft of the proposal at
http://www2.dcc.ufmg.br/laboratorios/llp/wiki/doku.php?id=marco_soc2011 .  If
you have any comments, I'll be glad to receive them.

Greetings.
(...)
--
marcot