[Haskell-cafe] haskell-src-meta installation failed

Qiuchi Jian qiuchi at student.chalmers.se
Sun Apr 10 21:35:09 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I tried to install haskell-src-meta and got the error below.  I checked all dependencies which are listed on the hackage page, they are all installed with the right version.  Can anyone tell me what is the problem? Thanks a lot.

jqc at ubuntu:~$ cabal install haskell-src-meta
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring haskell-src-meta-0.3...
Preprocessing library haskell-src-meta-0.3...
Building haskell-src-meta-0.3...
[1 of 7] Compiling Language.Haskell.Meta.Syntax.Translate ( src/Language/Haskell/Meta/Syntax/Translate.hs, dist/build/Language/Haskell/Meta/Syntax/Translate.o )

src/Language/Haskell/Meta/Syntax/Translate.hs:19:0:

Bad interface file: /home/jqc/.cabal/lib/haskell-src-exts-1.9.6/ghc-6.12.3/Language/Haskell/Exts/Syntax.hi
    Data.Binary.getWord8: end of file

haskell-src-meta-0.3 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Regards,

Jian