[Haskell-cafe] Higher-kinded Quantification

Leon Smith leon.p.smith at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 02:31:54 CEST 2011

I have a type constructor (Iterator i o m a) of kind (* -> * -> (* ->
*) -> *),  which is a monad transformer,  and I'd like to use the type
system to express the fact that some computations must be "pure",  by
writing the impredicative type (Iterator i o (forall m. m) a).
However I've run into a bit of difficulty expressing this,  due to the
kind of m.   I've attached a minimal-ish example.   Is there a way to
express this in GHC?