[Haskell-cafe] Oddness with binary-0.5.0.2 user install

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:48:03 CEST 2011

Hello folks,

The docs for binary-0.5.0.2 on Hackage claim that their is a Binary
instance for lazy ByteStrings, but there does not seem to be such an
instance in my local install of binary-0.5.0.2.

In addition, the docs on Hackage claim that there is an Applicative
instance for the 'Get' type, which my install is also lacking.

I've verified this in ghci and by looking at my own locally generated haddocks.

The module structure for the 'binary' package is pretty
straightforward - so I don't think I'm missing any imports in ghci.

Has anyone seen this before?

Antoine