[Haskell-cafe] impoosible dependencies

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 00:18:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Kevin Quick <quick at sparq.org> wrote:
> $ cabal update
> $ cabal install hakyll
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: dependencies conflict: ghc-6.12.3 requires unix ==2.4.0.2 however
> unix-2.4.0.2 was excluded because ghc-6.12.3 requires unix ==2.4.1.0
> $
>
> Any advice (other than upgrading to 7.0.3, which is not an option at the
> moment)?

You can run the build with verbose output (--verbose=3) and get more
details about why the impossible dependencies were required, or you
can build your application (whatever relies on hakyll) with cabal-dev
-- I've been able to build hakyll that way on my machine with
ghc-6.12.3, so I suspect there is some unexpected dependency in your
local package db that is causing cabal to make a series of undesirable
version selections.

--Rogan