[Haskell-cafe] Good reads?

Eric Rasmussen ericrasmussen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:44:01 CEST 2011

I'm currently reading Real World Haskell (
http://book.realworldhaskell.org/read/), and it's an excellent book. It goes
into detail on quite a few interesting and practical uses of the language.

Also, in the spirit of this discussion, is there a resource that attempts to
compare libraries for common tasks so developers can make informed decisions
without having to research each library or approach on their own? As an
example, in other languages you might read about CSV parsing from a few
different sources and see a general consensus on how to approach it. After
hours of digging through code on Hackage and reading up on different
approaches, I can't seem to find a consensus in Haskell.

If anyone knows of a book/resource that breaks down different approaches to
common problems and when/why you might choose one over the other, I'm very
interested.

-Eric Rasmussen