[Haskell-cafe] Comparison of common Haskell libraries (Was: Good reads?)

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Apr 27 12:00:54 CEST 2011

Eric Rasmussen schrieb:

> Also, in the spirit of this discussion, is there a resource that
> attempts to compare libraries for common tasks so developers can make
> informed decisions without having to research each library or approach
> on their own? As an example, in other languages you might read about CSV
> parsing from a few different sources and see a general consensus on how
> to approach it. After hours of digging through code on Hackage and
> reading up on different approaches, I can't seem to find a consensus in
> Haskell.

I think there won't be consensus in many cases, otherwise developers
wouldn't have started to develop alternatives to existing packages.
However if you did the work of comparing some libraries for the same
purpose - how about writing a personal comparison in the HaskellWiki?

For the special case of CSV parsing I would of course recommend my
spreadsheet package because it parses lazily. :-)