[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Leksah 0.10.0

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:21:38 CEST 2011

On Thursday 28 April 2011 09:04:02, jutaro wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> that seemed to be a real odyssey.

Still a lot short of ten years ;)

> I will try to install the statistics
> package when I find time. Guess it is this one on hackage:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/statistics.

Yes, version 0.8.0.5. I don't expect the version to matter much, but it
could make a difference.

> Just some remarks:
> In case of problems with metadata it is helpful to stop the GUI and call
> leksah-server from the command line. (leksah-server -s collects metainfo
> for new packages).

I ran
$ leksah-server -e DEBUG -s
to locate the problem, that reported that it couldn't retrieve metadata,
then "inGhcIO called with []", Start: ("ghc", ["--print-libdir"]), success
report (forgot how that was worded), End: ("ghc", ["--print-libdir"]).

After that, no more, so I added some more debugM calls to the server code.
Printing the package description,

    liftIO $ debugM "leksah-server" $ "Description: " ++ show pd
    deepseq pd (return pd)

hung at Statistics.Function.partialSort, getting as far as

   dscMbTypeStr'  = Just "

> What happens then is that leksah-server calls GHC-API and Haddock as a
> library, which itself uses GHC-API.
> So its a bit like running Haddock on a package, which usually may fail,
> but it is uncommon to have this kind of problems. (It happened one time
> before with a type level library, which defined all integers between 1
> and several thousands...).
>
> Jürgen
>
> PS: The server at leksah.org has reached its limit yesterday, the
> Windows installer alone was downloaded about 2000 times!

Awesome.

> But it should work now.

Yup, can reach it again.