[Haskell-cafe] Python is lazier than Haskell

Ben Lippmeier benl at ouroborus.net
Fri Apr 29 11:42:59 CEST 2011

On 29/04/2011, at 6:08 PM, Malcolm Wallace wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2011, at 05:38, Ben Lippmeier <benl at ouroborus.net> wrote:
>
>> Laziness at the value level causes space leaks,
>
> This is well-worn folklore, but a bit misleading.

:-) Like permanent markers in the hands of children causes suffering. It's not a tautology, but an overgeneralisation that holds more often than not.

> If anything, I think there is observation bias: lazy programmers have good tools for identifying, finding, and removing leaks.  Others do not.

Sharp tools well honed through years of hunting them down. If only they were never there in the first place.

I don't disagree with you. My original comment was more bait than anything else.

Ben.