[Haskell-cafe] Question Formlets, file upload

"Dr. Heinrich Hördegen" hoerdegen at funktional.info
Tue Aug 9 17:02:20 CEST 2011

  Dear all,

I am using the library Text.XHtml.Strict.Formlets to build a validating
form. I use the function "file" to get a file upload widget. The
encoding is set to multipart. I want to check, if the user entered
something or left the widget empty. However, when entering nothing,
instead of an empty string, I always get a string like "/tmp/12101"
which corresponds to an empty file.

It would be nice, if I could check for the empty string to see, weather
the user entered something or not into the upload widget.

I appreciate any hints to achive this and wish you a good day,
Heinrich

hoerdegen at funktional.info
www.funktional.info