[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Chell: A quiet test runner (low-output alternative to test-framework)

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Thu Aug 11 16:52:17 CEST 2011

It silences HUnit's output, but will tell you what happens when there is a
failure- which I think is what you want. There are a few available output
formatters if you don't like the default output, or you can write your own
output formatter.

BDD is really a red herring. Instead of using function names to name tests
you can use strings, which are inherently more descriptive. In chell you
already have `assertions "numbers"`, in hspec it would be `it "numbers"`.
The preferred style it to remove `test test_Numbers and the test_Numbers
definition` which are redundant in this case, and instead place that inline
where you define the suite, although that is optional.
So I really can't tell any difference betwee "BDD"  and "pass/fail
assertions". You still just use assertions in hspec.