[Haskell-cafe] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 22:38:18 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 16:15, Ketil Malde <ketil at malde.org> wrote:

> "Andrew Smith B.Sc(Hons),MBA" <asmith9983 at gmail.com> writes:
> > I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.
>
> Since LinkedIn tends to spam even more ambitiously than the other social
> network sites, I have a procmail rule sending any mail from Linkedin to

I should actually mention that this is a double infelicity:  the OP has a
gmail.com address.  gmail has an annoying tendency to add every address
you've ever sent mail to to your primary address book; so telling something
like LinkedIn to send invites to your address book, with the reasonable
expectation that that means your actual contacts, suddenly turns into
spamming the (your) known universe.