[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: taffybar: an alternative status bar for xmonad

Tristan Ravitch travitch at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 16 05:14:07 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:25:59PM -0700, Alexander Dunlap wrote:
> Thanks, that worked! Also, is there a way to change the default color
> of text printed by the bar? (I've added span tags with colors to the
> different text widget formats, but it would be nice to be able to set
> a default - it shows up as a nearly-impossible-to-read dark grey for
> me.)

Based on your feedback I used the GTK+ rc styling system to set the
colors for the background of the bar and the default text color.
Right now it ignores your GTK theme, but you can also customize it as
described here:

  http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~travitch/taffybar/System-Taffybar.html

Let me know if that works a bit better for you - I played around with
it a little bit and it seems to work with various themes and gives
some reasonable customizability.

This is in v0.1.2 up on hackage